Tour Date: February 11th – 24th, 2023
From: $3360.00 CAD per person based on double occupancy
Costa Rica Highlights:
- Learn about coffee harvest and production
- During your jungle lodge stay see monkeys, toucans, sloths, caimans and a plethora of other wildlife
- Travel by boat through water canals in the Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Walk under the tree-top canopy on hanging bridges
- Rejuvenate in natural hot springs
- Enjoy an entertaining cooking class learning how to cook 'Tico' style at a private lodge located in a cloud forest
- Climb on board a tractor-pulled trailer for a fun and informative visit to a pineapple farm
- Experience the rainforest, mountains and coast of this natural paradise
- Walk on active and dormant volcanoes
- Walk, Swim, climb and enjoy the freshness of the incredible Nauyaca Falls
- Visit La Selva Biological Research Station
- Be welcomed by a farmer and his family at a private farm and experience Tico hospitality
- Visit a Pre-Columbian Gold Museum underground
- Stay in Savegre, a verdant tropical cloud forest and bounded by gardens overflowing with colorful flowers
- Fully escorted by an experienced Canadian Tour Leader and an expert Costa Rican naturalist for a full two week
Tour price includes:
- 13 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals: all breakfasts, 4 lunches and 6 dinners
- All admissions and cultural visits listed in itinerary
- Air conditioned motor coach transportation
- Fully escorted by a Canadian Tour Leader and Costa Rican (naturalist) guide
Day 1 - February 11th/San Jose: Hotel Presidente - 2 nights
Day 2 - February 12th/San Jose: Hotel Presidente
Day 3 - February 13th/Sarapiqui: Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge - 2 nights
Day 4 - February 14th/Sarapiqui: Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge
Day 5 - February 15th/La Fortuna: Arenal Paraiso Resort & Spa Hotel- 3 nights
Day 6 - February 16th/La Fortuna: Arenal Paraiso Resort & Spa Hotel
Day 7 - February 17th/La Fortuna: Arenal Paraiso Resort & Spa Hotel
Day 8 - February 18th/Dominical: Villas Rio Mar - 3 nights
Day 9 - February 19th/Dominical: Villas Rio Mar
Day 10 - February 20th/Dominical: Villas Rio Mar
Day 11 - February 21st/San Gerardo de Dota: Mirador/Paraiso de Quetzales Lodge - 2 nights
Day 12 - February 22nd/San Gerardo de Dota: Mirador/Paraiso de Quetzales Lodge
Day 13 - February 23rd/San José: Hotel Presidente- 1 night
Day 14 - February 24th/San José
Singles wishing to share: We often get requests for single travellers wishing to share accommodation. If you are interested in traveling with a companion please let us know and we can try to match you up with a suitable traveling partner.
Transfers: To and from the airport to your hotel are included on the tour dates. Airport transfers can be arranged for a cost when you purchase extra nights before or after the vacation.
Insurance: Medical insurance is mandatory. Cancellation and trip interruption insurance is optional. Premiums depend on your age, the length of time away and the cost of your tour and insurance will be discussed and quoted at the time of booking.
Tour Deposit: $300.00 per person.
Forms of Payment: Cheque, Visa and Master Card or by e-mail. Payments made by credit cards will be subject to a 3 percent processing fee. For information regarding e-mail payments contact your financial institution. It is easy and convenient.
Cancellation Policy: In the event that you have to cancel you must notify Discovery Tours immediately in writing. The following scale of charges will apply according to the date that notice is received. Air fare penalties may differ and will be discussed at the time of ticket purchase.
|65 days or more||Deposit Only|
|64 to 30 days||50% of Tour cost|
|29 days or less||100%|
Request More Information
"Costa Rica In-Depth Tour"