Tour Dates: April 7th to 23rd, 2023
From $5,550.00 CAD per person based on double occupancy
- Quito City tour
- Visit the community of San Clemente and enjoy lunch in a local home
- Overnight in a historic hacienda
- Explore the Otavalo handicraft market
- Learn about traditional weaving during a visit to an artisan’s studio
- Relax at Papallacta hot springs
- Explore Ecuador’s Amazon rain forest—on foot and by boat
- Drive the spectacular Avenue of the Volcanoes, lined by some of Ecuador’s highest peaks
- Walkthrough Omaere Ethnobotanical Park and learn how Ecuador’s indigenous peoples use native plants in their daily lives
- Interpretive island walks to learn about Galápagos wildlife
- Meet endangered Galápagos giant tortoises
- Encounter unique species and pristine landscapes
- Snorkel and kayak in waters rich with shimmering fish, sea turtles, penguins, and playful sea lions.
- And much more…
Tour price includes:
- 15 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals: all breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- All admissions and cultural visits listed in the itinerary
- Transit Control Card & Galapagos Park Fee
- Internal Flights
- Air-conditioned motorcoach transportation
- Fully escorted by a Canadian Tour Leader and Ecuador & Galapagos (naturalist) guide
Day 1 - April 7th/Quito – Swissotel Quito – 2 nights
Perched high in the Andes, Quito is dramatically situated, squeezed between mountain peaks whose greenery is concealed by the afternoon mist. Thanks to one of the largest and best-preserved colonial cores in Latin America, Ecuador’s capital was named the very first UNESCO World Heritage site. Its best-kept secrets are hidden in the narrow cobblestone streets, candlelit monasteries, and leafy plazas that reveal themselves when the mist clears.
Arrive and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 - April 8th/Quito – Swissotel Quito
Following an orientation, we set out to explore the rich history of Ecuador’s capital, while experiencing the modern city. Visit Quito’s ancient and bustling Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We stroll through its maze of narrow cobbled streets and into the wide-open Plaza San Francisco where Ecuador’s oldest Monastery stands. Explore the fine collection of Ecuadorian art at Museo de Arte Colonial. Travel to over 4100m elevation on the Teleferiqo for a spectacular view of Quito and the surrounding Andean valley and volcanic peaks.
Breakfast and Dinner Included
Day 3 - April 9th/Otavalo – Hacienda Pinsaqui – 1 night
Meet with a local family in the highlands community of San Clemente to learn about their everyday life, before enjoying a traditional lunch.
Spend a night in the Otavalo area and visit its world-famous handicrafts market, the largest in South America. Villagers from the surrounding countryside come here every week to sell handmade goods as well as livestock, fruits, and vegetables.
Day 4 - April 10th/Hotel Termas Papallacta – 2 nights
This morning we visit a cooperative of female artisans from the Pijal Alto community, located in the northern Ecuadorian Andes. These women carry out sustainable weaving traditions and use the income to support their families, generating long term quality of life for their entire community.
Continue to the Papallacta Hot Springs Resort for onsite hot springs, optional spa treatments, and hiking excursions. There is plenty of time to soak, relax, and enjoy the mountain views.
Day 5 - April 11th/Hotel Termas Papallacta
Day 6 - April 12th/Tena – Itamandi Amazon Eco-Lodge – 3 nights
Day 7 - April 13th/Tena – Itamandi Amazon Eco-Lodge
Day 8 - April 14th/Tena – Itamandi Amazon Eco-Lodge
Day 9 - April 15th/Banos – Casa de Luis – 1 night
Day 10 - April 16th/Quito –Swissotel Quito – 1 night
Day 11 - April 17th/San Cristobal Island – Hotel Blue Marlin – 2 nights
Day 12 - April 18th/San Cristobal Island – Hotel Blue Marlin
Day 13 - April 19th/Santa Cruz Island – Hotel Silberstein – 3 nights
Day 14 - April 20th/Santa Cruz Island – Hotel Silberstein
Day 15 - April 21st/Santa Cruz Island – Hotel Silberstein
Day 16 - April 22nd/Quito – Swissotel Quito – 1 night
Day 17 - April 23rd/Quito
Singles wishing to share: We often get requests for single travellers wishing to share accommodation. If you are interested in traveling with a companion please let us know and we can try to match you up with a suitable traveling partner.
Transfers: To and from the airport to your hotel are included on the tour dates. Airport transfers can be arranged for a cost when you purchase extra nights before or after the vacation.
Insurance: Medical insurance is mandatory. Cancellation and trip interruption insurance is optional. Premiums depend on your age, the length of time away and the cost of your tour and insurance will be discussed and quoted at the time of booking.
Tour Deposit: $300.00 per person.
Forms of Payment: Cheque, Visa and Master Card or by e-mail. Payments made by credit cards will be subject to a 3 percent processing fee. For information regarding e-mail payments contact your financial institution. It is easy and convenient.
Cancellation Policy: In the event that you have to cancel you must notify Discovery Tours immediately in writing. The following scale of charges will apply according to the date that notice is received. Air fare penalties may differ and will be discussed at the time of ticket purchase.
|65 days or more||Deposit Only|
|64 to 30 days||50% of Tour cost|
|29 days or less||100%|
Request More Information
"Ecuador & Galapagos Highlights "