All travellers who purchase a holiday arranged by Discovery Tours/McPhail Travel hereafter called “The Company” (a division of MANITOBA LTD 3426760) must agree to be bound by the following which forms the terms of your contract for travel. Payment of your deposit is acknowledgement of these terms and conditions, and that you are in agreement with them.
(1) The Company cannot guarantee that accommodations, food, beverages, ground transportation, airline, ferry, rail, or similar services (herein after referred to as “services”) will be exactly as represented in their promotional literature. Great care is taken in the contracting of all “services”, but we cannot be responsible for the errors or omissions of the supplier(s) of said “services”. In the event that a supplier fails to honour their contract with us, we reserve the right to alter, change or cancel any “services” which you have already purchased. When such a change occurs, the Company will do its utmost to provide comparable “services”, although we cannot be liable for any difference in the quality or enjoyment except to the extent of a lower dollar value of the substituted “service”. If the Company is forced to cancel your holiday, our liability is limited only to a refund of the monies received by us.
(2) TRAVELING OUTSIDE CANADA /USA. When one travels to a foreign country it is for the pleasure of discovering a different culture & lifestyle. By booking this holiday you have opted to sample a foreign culture and things WILL NOT be the same as they are at home!
(3) It is not unusual for minor repair work or guestroom refurbishment to be ongoing at established hotels/resorts and that this will occur without prior notice to the Company thus is beyond our control. If we are pre-warned of potentially disruptive on-site construction, be assured that all efforts will be made to rectify the situation.
(4) All “services” as described within our literature and website are based upon information provided to us in good faith, by our suppliers. Since our brochure/tentative itineraries are printed several months prior to travel there may be the odd occasion that an amenity/facility/hotel/restaurant/cultural visit is not available during your stay. Such changes may be noted only in our Final Itinerary which is forwarded with the final tour documents, or even thereafter according to local circumstances. Subsequently a substitute will be arranged.
(5) FOOD: Travellers should be aware that meals included in our tours will be of a different style and standard than we are used to at home. We accept requests at the time the initial reservation but unfortunately we cannot guarantee that special diets will be adhered to as it may not be possible in some locations. Special diet must be discussed at time of booking.
(6) COMPLAINTS whilst on holiday must first be brought to the attention of your Tour Leader. We must be allowed an opportunity to rectify satisfactorily any adverse situations BEFORE your return home. The Company will not be responsible for any complaints or breaches of contract whatsoever if the traveler does not notify us of same IN WRITING within 30 days of the group return date home. We may require 4 weeks to investigate and respond to any written complaints.
(8) TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Customers must be in possession of valid passports and any visas, permits and certificates required for the whole of their trip and 6 months after the return date, and shall arrange such vaccinations as are normally recommended for the countries through which they intend to travel including those vaccinations recommended by the Company. Information as to climate, clothing, baggage etc is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Company.
(9) AIRLINE CLAUSE: This brochure/website is issued on the sole responsibility of The Company. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit the airlines mentioned therein or any airline whose services are used during the course of the trip. The responsibility of participating air carriers is limited. The airlines may not be held liable or responsible for any inconvenience, loss, damage or delays. We are not responsible for any flight delays, flight schedule changes, oversold flights or missed connections which may result in out of pocket expenses.
(10) HOTEL RATINGS of 3 to 4 stars are utilized. The ratings are based upon local government ratings and our own company rating. Hotels ARE DIFFERENT than their similarly rated North America counterparts and their quality and amenities change frequently. We reserve the right to change hotels from those featured in our tentative itineraries/brochure – either in terms of a lateral move or an upgrade.
(11) SINGLE TRAVELLERS do pay more than those traveling alone as the cost of the room is not shared by two people. However this does not mean that you will receive a larger or two-bedded guestroom.
(12) PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS: The Company reserves the right to accept, reject or retain any traveller who, in our opinion, is likely to, or does, infringe on the rights, welfare or enjoyment of others. Discovery Tours are relatively active vacations and while there will be plenty of time to relax, there will also be much to see and do. A number of the included excursions generally require a good deal of walking and navigation of numerous steps. Access to sites visited for guests with physical limitations are sometimes restrictive, and in some cases impossible. To enjoy any of our holidays to the fullest possible extent, you must be in reasonably good physical condition. Tour participants who require any assistance must be accompanied by a companion who is capable of and totally responsible for providing such assistance. Participation in all aspects of the tour is at the tour member’s own risk.
(13)FINAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS will normally be sent out 14 days prior to the Group Departure Date.
(14) BROCHURE PRICING: Tour prices are based upon prevailing currency exchange rates and while every effort is made to maintain these prices The Company does reserve the right to implement a surcharge in the event of adverse variations in currency conversions. Similarly, airfares are subject to change with little or no notice and increases will be passed along to all travelers if final payment has not been made. If through currency fluctuations or airfare increases, our package price is increased in excess of 10%, you have the right to cancel your holiday without penalty. If the package price is increased less than 10%, the difference must be paid and if you choose to cancel, cancellation penalties as per the chart below will be applied. Full prepayment does not protect against currency surcharges, airfare or tax increases.
(15) ALTERATIONS to EXISTING RESERVATIONS: Once your holiday has been fully confirmed and under deposit, any changes made to the existing reservation will incur a change fee of $30.00 per person.
(16)CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION: Should you choose to cancel your holiday The Company must receive notification in writing. The following penalties apply:
TOUR CANCELLATION PENALTIES ASSESSED PER PERSON:
65 DAYS or more prior to departure: Deposit
64 to 31 days 50% TOUR COST
30 days or less 100% TOUR COST
Note: Airlines have varying cancellation penalties and their rules and penalties will prevail.
NO REFUND FOR UNUSED TOUR SERVICES.
(17)TRAVEL INSURANCE: Cancellation, trip interruption and Out of Canada Medical Insurance is mandatory and if you do not purchase insurance through the Company, proof of correct coverage must be provided to the Company. Options and costs will be discussed prior to booking.
IMPORTANT: While we do our utmost to ensure information on our website and brochure is accurate, typographical errors re pricing, dates or descriptions may exist.